This is a step by step tutorial on how I decorated the Graphic 45 Matchbook box with Stamperia’s Lilac Flowers paper collection. You can find the supplies listed below with links to ASC Supplies’ Esty shop. I’ll be using this same paper collection to decorate the Graphic 45 Rectangle Tag & Pocket Album as well. That will be my next design team project for the month of August. ASC is having a 15% off back to school paper products, so make sure to stop by and check it out. ASC Supply List for this written tutorial project:
Graphic 45 Matchbook Box—Ivory (Currently out of stock, but keep checking back for when it is in stock)
Hot Glue Art Glitter Glue ATG Adhesive Gun
We R Memory Keepers magnetic cutting board and ruler
Painters tape Step One: I selected three sheets from the paper collection to use on the inside slide out box and for the outside of the box and cut them down per the following measurements. Outside pieces measurements:
(2) 4 1/2″ x 5 3/8″ These pieces are for the front and back of the sleeve.
(2) 2 3/8″ x 5 3/8″ These pieces are for the sides of the sleeve. Inside pieces measurements:
(2) 2 1/4″ x 4 3/8″ These pieces are for the front and back of the outside of the box.
(1) 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ This piece is for the bottom of the inside of the box.
(2) 2″ x 5 1/8″ These pieces are for the long sides of the inside of the box.
(2) 2″ x 4 1/8″ These pieces are for the short sides of the inside of the box. Step Two: I started with the inside of the box first. I adhered them to their specific spots with Art Glitter Glue. Step Three: Since the front of the box has a window I took one of the larger pieces I cut for the sleeve and taped it under the window with painters tape and then used a pencil to outline the window. This gave me a reference for cutting out the center of the paper so that the book I will be placing inside the box will be able to show. Step Four: Next I took my art knife and cut out a little bigger than the pencil line to make sure it would not overlap the window. I used my We R Memory Keepers magnetic cutting board and ruler to hold down the paper when I cut it to make sure I got a straight line. Step Five: Once that piece was cut out I adhered all of the outside pieces to the sleeve with my Art Glitter Glue. Step Six: The final step was to decorate the outside of the box making sure not to decorate over the opening. I first picked out the pieces from the Graphic 45 Rose Bouquet Collection – French Lilac & Purple Royalty and layed them out on my glass craft mat to get a feel for how I wanted to arrange them. Then I cut them down to fit on the box and hot glued them in place. Step Seven: Next I cut the bottom half of one of the Darice® 4-in White Pearl Bling Sticker Strips so that there was a slight gap that I could add a butterfly in. I cut the butterfly out from one of the sheets in the collection and used one of the green wire pieces from when I trimmed the flowers to make the antlers. I glued that onto the open space between the pearl bling. Then I took two appropriate phrases from the Tim Holtz phrase collection and glued them down to a leftover strip from the paper collection and then glued those in place. I’m so excited to make the book that goes inside this box and since purple is my favorite color I am absolutely in love with how this turned out. I was going to distress all of the edges, but decided against it because I wanted to see how it would look. I like to distress everything, but I really like the simplicity of how this looks. Make sure to subscribe to the ASC Craft Supplies blog for a special discount, product tutorials, and sneak peeks of upcoming new additions to the shop. https://ascbycrystal.com/blog/
For completed projects and creations available for purchase, visit CrystalsASC.etsy.com You can find ASC Craft Supplies on Facebook and Instagram: Facebook – www.facebook.com/ASCbyCrystal Instagram – ascbycrystal Thanks for visiting Tammy ASC Design Team Member